Furnace Service and Maintenance
Sudden breakdowns are not only inconvenient, especially when it’s really cold, it can mean high repair costs. The best way to guard against these unexpected costs, is our AtlasCare Service Program. Because we’ll be caring for your heating system as though it is our own, we’ll makes sure you don’t have breakdowns and that you have the safety and security of a smooth running heating system.
When it comes to furnace maintenance, you want to make sure your pipes, safety switches, venting, and flame sensing equipment are checked on an annual basis to ensure that they are operating at peak performance. Having furnace maintenance and service conducted by AtlasCare each year is one of the safest things you can do for your family. Both of our Protection Plans feature a visit from a qualified AtlasCare Home Comfort Specialists at least once a year.
A neglected furnace can put your family at considerable risk:
- It could break down entirely and leave you in the cold.
- A broken-down furnace could cause your home’s water pipes to freeze, costing you thousands of dollars in major renovations.
- Poorly maintained piping could crack causing a dangerous carbon monoxide leak in your home.
- Neglect creates more wear-and-tear on systems creating a significant risk of fire.
Contact us today for standard furnace service and maintenance.
Precision Furnace Tune-up and Safety Check Includes:
- Check and clean furnace fan compartment.
- Check and adjust blower operation. Replace belt if required.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Wash or replace your standard 1” furnace filer.
- Check for air leakage in plenum and seal.
- Adjust plenum dampers as required.
- Disconnect drain and verify it is clear.
- Water test condensate pump.
- Check fuse/breaker and mark electrical panel.
- Check operation of thermostat and level.
- Check and calibrate heat anticipator in the thermostat.
- Inspect, clear and adjust orifices, burners, and gas valves.
- Visual inspection of the primary and secondary hear exchangers for stress and cracks.
- Check that there is an adequate source of combustion air to furnace.
- Adjust combustion air to burners.
- Check operation, settings of limit and fan controls.
- Clean and adjust pilot assembly/ignition module.
- Examine vent connection and exhaust venting system.
- Check chimney, clean out and remove debris.
- Check operation of exhaust ventor motor.
- Check gas piping to furnace.
- Check operation of elements and sequencers.
- Inspect neutralizer.
- Open humidifier bypass & turn on humidistat.
- Run test furnace.